The BERKEFELD PurBev® Softener is a water softening plant engineered according to hygienic design guidelines food and beverage production.
The fully automatic unit features flow control for alternate operation, counter-current regeneration and economic brine consumption with the lowest water losses.
- Supply of soft water for utility processes (e.g. cooling, boiler feed, CIP, bottling areas)
- Reduction of hardness/carbonate scaling
- Improvement of product quality in food production processes (spirits, food, etc.)
- Hygienic frontal piping and sanitary disc valves
- Minimal water demands per regeneration
- Lowest salt and water demand due to counter-current BerCoRe regeneration process
- Safe and reliable operation and regeneration due to a fully automatic control system
Nominal flow rates: 5 – 60 m³/h per unit
- Siemens PLC S7 with operator panel
- Magnetic flow meter
- PP brine make up and storage tank, sufficient for several numbers of regeneration
- Regeneration depending on total water flow AND raw water hardness
- Hardness monitoring
- Dilution water booster pump
- Integrated blending to adjust hardness
The BERKEFELD PurBev® Polisher is an hygienic design particle filter for food and beverage water treatment. It is used for polishing after sand and activated carbon filtration.
The BERKEFELD PurBev® Carbon Filter is an activated carbon filter engineered according to hygienic design guidelines. It is used for polishing or de-chlorination of water or condensate in food and beverage production.
BERKEFELD PurBev® Media Filter are pressurized filters engineered according to hygienic design directives for food and beverage water treatment. Filter media are chosen in function of the application.
BERKEFELD PurBev® RO reverse osmosis plants are engineered according to hygienic design standards and meet the highest performance requirements of our customers in the food and beverage industry. Systems of this product range remove impurities and particles from water at efficiencies greater than 99%.