Business continuity for the water industry is paramount. Yet with increased demand, budget restrictions and the need to improve resiliency, water operators have their work cut out for them.
This is where the use of smart data can revolutionize site management.
Hubgrade is a combination of digital tools and Veolia expertise that make all your water processes smarter, safer and more sustainable.
The world is changing but water treatment remains vital for people, businesses and industry. Rely on Hubgrade to make your resources smarter, and connect to the future of water operations today.
Hubgrade is the combination of digital tools and the expertise of Veolia employees to deliver operational and environmental efficiency. Its specificity? Capitalizing on human competency and digital power to process data and provide you with a continuous supply of optimized solutions adapted to your priorities: compliance, operational excellence, and sustainability.
With Hubgrade, we address the water optimization needs of municipalities and industries to respond to the operators’ and managers’ daily challenges on the whole water cycle (e.g. reduce operating costs while maintaining a good quality of water). Our digital services can be implemented for a single technology, a range of equipment, or a complete water or wastewater treatment plant, for Veolia and non-Veolia equipment.
We provide you with 24/7 secure access to a web portal, we guarantee the best user experience and provide a customizable interface for each user personas (e.g. managers, operators, business developers). Hubgrade relies on multiple sources of data, versatile data collection (manual entry or automatic collection) and best-in-class algorithms to ensure that the data we process is reliable.
We deliver three innovative services:
Hubgrade Essential enables you to be better informed about your water operations and make better decisions regarding your facility or water
equipment thanks to the following features:
- Digital library to access all relevant documents such as certificates, service reports, contracts and orders in one place, accessible from anywhere, any time.
- Data visualization to collect and display process data from the plant.
- Events and alarms to prevent unexpected shutdowns or regulatory breaches.
- Automatic reporting to facilitate data analysis and reporting consistently and regularly.
- Maintenance module to have an overview of the maintenance tasks and their level of criticality.
Hubgrade Essential provides transparency and convenience, and ensures business continuity of more than 1,300 connected water equipment and more than 640 sites
Hubgrade Assist supports operational teams in their daily monitoring with proactive, data-driven service and site support that includes troubleshooting and long-term drifts resolution. It supports your headquarter teams in their overall monitoring as well as your site teams with instantaneous data records and alarms with troubleshooting support, periodic reports and access to expertise. Your water treatment system monitored by Hubgrade Assist has predefined monitoring process parameters which are permanently displayed and recorded and which will generate alarms if they deviate from their normal range.
- With remote expert assistance, enabled by real-time monitoring, alarm management and eventually augmented reality, you can reach out to our experts during working days for troubleshooting or regular review and recommendations.
- Training and mentoring features empower your personnel by providing them access to training materials showing on-site issue resolution or e-learning programs to support long-term training.
With Hubgrade Assist we provide digitally empowered process expertise for best-in-class operation of equipment, processes and facilities.
Hubgrade Performance aggregates real-time data and applies analytics and algorithms, developed and based on our experience in designing and operating water and wastewater treatment plants worldwide, to continuously benchmark and optimize the performance of your plant.
With the insight module, Hubgrade Performance enables faster and more evidence-based decision making. It delivers holistic visibility of the operations and processes by providing the users with different levels of analytics and recommendations, leveraging the plant process, operation and financial data.
- Key performance indicators assess the quality of the operation and guide operational decision making.
- Predictive analytics rely on machine learning to predict the evolution of strategic operation parameters or to anticipate the failures, reduce downtime risks and optimize maintenance planning.
- Optimization features provide you with simulated operational scenarios and suggested optimized setpoints to ensure a holistic optimization of the water and wastewater processes.
For wastewater treatment plants and/or sewer networks, we have developed a suite of powerful algorithms and holistic solutions to offer real-time optimization through online control, monitoring and forecasting: the plant module of Hubgrade Performance. It is a dynamic and flexible system that utilizes real-time and/or forecasted information to meet operational targets. Benefits to wastewater treatment plants include reduced overall capital and operation costs, increased hydraulic capacity, and improved operation in terms of efficiency, stability, and safety.
The plant module is already installed at over 100 wastewater treatment plants and installations worldwide. The results experienced on those plants are up to:
- 40% higher biological capacity.
- 100% increase in hydraulic capacity.
- 25% energy reduction for aeration.
- 75% energy reduction for grit chamber aeration.
- 75% reduction in energy use for internal Nitrate recirculation.
- 100% reduction in chemicals for denitrification and for phosphorus precipitation.
- 20-30% of overall OPEX savings.