A Transportable, Modular Solution for Produced Water Reuse
Veolia has developed ShaleFlow™, a cost-effective transportable solution for reuse of produced water and flowback water from hydraulic fracturing operations. This compact, modular system utilizes proven technologies designed to enable reuse with the flexibility to be moved as the field is developed.
- Enables reuse of produced or flowback water
- Reduces fresh water demand
- Minimizes produced water disposal costs
- Minimizes deep well injection volumes
- Reduces overall operating costs
- Flexible delivery solutions – DBO/DBOO
- Compact treatment system in three modules
- Packaged system ready for “drop and go” treatment
- High effluent quality allowing for water reuse
- >98% water recovery, zero liquid waste
- Non-hazardous sludge suitable for landfill disposal
- Equipment designed to operate in high corrosive environment
- Single-point responsibility
Process Flow Diagram
Enabling Water Reuse in Shale Applications
Veolia’s ShaleFlow is ideal for treatment of flowback and produced water for reuse in hydraulic fracturing and completions operations.
ShaleFlow can treat up to 10,000 barrels per day (300 gpm) and will accept a wide range of influent water quality while still producing effluent water quality with low levels of particulates and scale-formers. The solids are dewatered using a packaged filter press, maximizing water recovery. The process generates a non-hazardous solid waste that can be hauled to a landfill for disposal.
All of this is accomplished in our simple “drop and go” system consisting of three transportable modules. Reuse of the system effluent will drastically lower total overall water costs and will eliminate the risks associated with transporting fresh water and produced water to and from the site.
ShaleFlow™ Performance Data
Guaranteed Performance for Worry-free Water Management
Veolia offers Operation & Maintenance services to provide a 24/7 performance guarantee for the ShaleFlow process. Our trained technicians ensure high uptime availability of the process and are skilled in managing feed water variability while maintaining consistent treated water quality. The result is a replenished supply of water and a non-hazardous waste suitable for disposal.