Continuous Electrodeionisation Systems polish reverse osmosis permeate to produce high purity water of up to 18 MΩ.cm.
Flow rates range from 1.4 to 40.8 m3/hr.
Continuous Electrodeionisation (CEDI) is a technology combining ion exchange resins and ion-selective membranes with direct current to remove ionised species from water. It overcomes the limitations of ion exchange resin beds, notably the release of ions as the beds exhaust and the associated need to change or regenerate the resins. Reverse osmosis (and sometimes membrane degassing) is typically used prior to CEDI to ensure that the CEDI stack is not overloaded with high levels of salts.
- Food and beverage industry
- High pressure boiler feed
- Industrial process water
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Chemical free operation
- No regeneration downtime; continuous flow, consistent water quality
- Skid-mounted, standardised systems; short lead-times, quick installation and start-up
- Up to 8 CEDI modules per skid; flexibility, high flow rates
- Double o-ring seal; leak-free operation
- Completely filled concentrating compartments; no need for recirculation pump and brine injection
- Plate-and-frame arrangement gives even distribution of fluid and current flow; improves performance and module longevity
ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION: IONPRO-LX (RO + CEDI)
- Ionpro™ LX
- Ionpro™ LX systems produce high purity water with low bacteria levels.
Local after-sales service and support teams offer preventative and corrective maintenance programs to ensure the long-term, efficient operation of installed plant.