(hereinafter collectively the "Regulation").
The publisher of the Site is the company, Veolia Water Technologiesregistered with the Registered with the R.C.S. Créteil under the number 414 986 216, whose registered office is at 1, Place Montgolfier - 94417 Saint-Maurice - France, Telephone: +33 188.8.131.52.55 (hereinafter "the Publisher" or "VWT"
The terms and conditions for processing data collected via contact form(s) are set out in the information notice for the form(s).
The Policy may be modified at any time by the Publisher, in particular in order to comply with any regulatory, legal, editorial or technical developments.
This Policy is an integral part of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Site.
Identification of the controller
The controller of the User's personal data is, as the case may be, the following entity or entities:
- Veolia Veolia Water Technologies and its entities.
The data controller may also be the Veolia entity named on the webform, depending on the purpose of the webform(s).
Description of the data processing
Within the framework of the operation of the Site, the Publisher may collect and process personal data in order to allow the User to access the features and services offered by the Site (hereinafter the "Services").
1) What categories of data are collected?
- Contact data: refers to the data that the User fills in when filling in the Form, namely: name, first name, email address, postcode, company name, job title, telephone number, address, town, country of residence. Compulsory and optional data may vary depending on the form.
- Data voluntarily published by the User: refers to the personal data that the User voluntarily communicates to the Editor by filling in the free text zones provided for this purpose in the webform(s), namely "Subject of the request" and "Message". The Publisher strongly recommends to the User to avoid any communication of personal data via these text boxes or in any case to limit this communication to what is strictly necessary to process the User's request.
- Browsing Data: including but not limited to any technical information on the features and operating data of the User’s device like IP address; depending on cookies accepted by users
All such data is hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Data".
2) Why does the Publisher collect User Data?
The Data are collected through the webform in order to answer the questions of the Users concerning the following topics:
- Collecting requests for information from target audiences (clients, consumers, stakeholders)
- To process the User's request for information or question and to communicate effectively with the User in the requested areas
- To send communications to the User in relation to the main interests previously expressed by the User.
- To answer User’s request and provide communication related to user request (e.g. adjustment of communication preferences).
- Manage access to and use of certain Services.
The mandatory fields in the webform are marked with an asterisk. The Publisher will not be able to respond to your request if you do not fill in these mandatory sections.
3) What is the legal basis for the processing of User Data?
Data processing is only lawful if it is based on one of the legal basis defined by the Regulations. In the context of the operation of the Site, the Data processing is based on the following legal bases:
- If the User is a professional prospect wishing to receive information or formulate requests on the activities and services offered by the Publisher or Veolia Water Technologies in relation to specific needs previously expressed, or if the User is already a customer of the Publisher or Veolia Water Technologies: the Publisher's legitimate interest.
- If the User is a prospect (professional), the Publisher collects his consent by means of a checkbox before sending any global information via commercial communications.
- If the User is a candidate (or potential candidate): the Publisher's legitimate interest in responding to the candidate/potential candidate's request.
- If the User is a supplier: the contract or the execution of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject.
- If the User is a consumer: consent collected by means of a checkbox.
4) Recipients of the Data collected
The Data collected through the webform(s) is intended for the internal services of the entity responsible for processing in order to respond to the User's request.
This may include, for example, the "Communication" department, Veolia personnel in charge of publishing content and technical administration of the Site, and their superiors, Veolia personnel in charge of processing requests received via the webforms, authorized service providers, Users of the Site, the personnel responsible for supervising the security of Veolia's information systems.
Internal recipients may also be Veolia Group entities located in the European Union (EU) or outside the EU, it being understood that any transfer of Data outside the EU will be carried out under the conditions of the article "Transfer of Data outside the European Union" below.
Each recipient subsidiary may, as the case may be, be a subcontractor or a processor of the Data provided.
The Data may also be transferred/used by third parties under the following conditions:
- Data transferred to public authorities and/or bodies
In accordance with the Regulations in force, the Data may be transmitted to the competent authorities on request and in particular to public bodies, exclusively to meet legal obligations, judicial officers, ministerial officers and bodies responsible for collecting debts, as well as in the case of the search for the authors of offenses committed on the Internet.
- Data provided to third parties
The Data may be communicated or made accessible to the Publisher's subcontractors, suppliers and third-party service providers (such as the Site's host, Veolia's IT and/or technical service providers).
- Social networks
The User has the possibility to share the pages he/she is interested in on social networks by clicking on the share buttons.
Exercise of User rights
In accordance with the Regulation, any individual User has the right to access, rectify, delete, limit his or her Data.
For all processing operations carried out within the framework of the Site and only within this framework, regardless of the Entity responsible for processing, the User may exercise his rights,
- by writing to [email protected]
- by post to :
Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies
Website manager: Séverine Le Bideau
1, Place Montgolfier - Immeuble L'Aquarène
- by writing to [email protected] for Professional Users who have expressed their main interests to Veolia Water Technologies or who have requested information or contact with the customer service.
by sending proof of identity or any other official document.
In case of difficulty concerning the management of his personal Data by the Publisher, the User may contact the Data Protection Officer of Veolia Water Technologies (email address: [email protected]). If the User is not satisfied with the DPO's response, he or she may lodge a complaint with the competent protection authority (in France: CNIL - 3, place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 Paris Cedex 07).
Where processing is based on consent, the User may withdraw consent at any time by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
It is specified that if the User exercises some of the above rights, the Publisher may be unable to carry out the actions necessary to achieve the purposes described above, or the User may not be able to use all or part of the Services.
The Editor is obliged to keep the Data collected from Users up to date. It is therefore recommended that the User inform the Publisher of any changes concerning him/her by sending an e-mail to the following address: [email protected]
Data retention and archiving
User Data will not be retained beyond the period strictly necessary for the purposes set out herein and in accordance with the Regulations. accordingly.
In this regard :
- The data collected in order to respond to Users' requests for information and questions are kept in an active database for 13 months from the registration of the User's request.
- Data collected for the purpose of sending commercial communications to prospective customers (professionals) are kept in an active database for 3 years from the last contact with the User (for example, a request for documentation or a click on a hypertext link contained in an email), unless the User has exercised his/her right to withdraw consent, his/her right to object or his/her right to erasure (as the case may be), and then for a period of 5 years in intermediate storage.
- The Data collected in order to contact the customer service of the professional User who has an existing contract with Veolia Water Technologies (customers) is kept for the entire contractual relationship, unless the User has exercised his right to object or exercised his right to erasure. The data is then kept for 3 years in the active database from the end of the contractual relationship, and then for 5 years in intermediate storage.
The Data is kept in intermediate storage to enable the Publisher to defend itself in the event of legal proceedings or for the purpose of preventing and detecting criminal offenses, with a view to make the Data available to the judicial authorities.
At the end of the intermediate archiving period, the User Data will be permanently deleted.
In addition, the Publisher may keep Data permanently anonymised, for the purpose of producing statistical studies. These studies do not identify Users, and are only based on trends derived from their aggregated Data.
The Publisher takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the Data and to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of the User Data. However, the Publisher cannot guarantee the elimination of any risk of misappropriation, alteration, unlawful reproduction or misuse of the Data.
The database created when a User sends a request through the webform is strictly confidential. Veolia Water Technologies undertakes to take all useful precautions, organizational and technical measures appropriate to preserve the security, integrity and confidentiality of the Data and, in particular, to prevent it from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
Transfer of data outside the European Union
In the event of transfer of User Data to a subsidiary of the Veolia Group or to a third party located outside the European Union, Veolia Water Technologies ensures that the recipient country has been the subject of an adequacy decision by the European Commission. If this is not the case, Veolia Water Technologies undertakes to use the appropriate legal instruments, in particular the European Commission's Standard Model Contractual Clauses, to govern the transfer.