The BERKEFELD PurBev® Carbon Filter is an activated carbon filter engineered according to hygienic design guidelines. It is used for polishing or de-chlorination of water or condensate in food and beverage production.
- Removal of chlorine and reduction of chloramine
- Improvement/removal of odor and color
- Removal of anthropogenic traces (sweeteners, drugs, pesticides, etc.)
- Reduction of THMs and disinfection by-products
- Removal of organic traces
- Reduction of DOC (i.e. humic acid)
- Optimizes taste
- Optimum product quality & safety by minimization of microbial risks
- Reliable cleanability
- Easy dismantling of front piping for convenient maintenance
- Economical & highly efficient operation: minimized water losses during b/w and sanitization
- Long lifetime due to robust and high quality materials
Nominal flow rates: 5 – 150 m³/h per unit
- Single – Multiple – Lead-lag
- Hot water or steam sanitization
- Internal or external backwash
- Manual or automatic operation
- Integrated polisher
- Pre-assembled lean & hygienic front piping in 316L DIN 11850-2 with integrated valves and instrumentation
- Full de-aeration ensured
- Hot water/steam sanitizable system
- EHEDG approved components
- Customized EBCT (Empty Bed Contact Time)
- High quality acid-washed coconut shell carbon media (food grade)
- Sterile sample valves
- 60 nozzles/m² according to DIN 19605
- Bed expansion during backwash min 25%
Optional configurations are available for filter, piping, instrumentation and sanitization. Contact us for more information.
The BERKEFELD PurBev® Polisher is an hygienic design particle filter for food and beverage water treatment. It is used for polishing after sand and activated carbon filtration.
BERKEFELD PurBev® Media Filter are pressurized filters engineered according to hygienic design directives for food and beverage water treatment. Filter media are chosen in function of the application.
BERKEFELD PurBev® RO reverse osmosis plants are engineered according to hygienic design standards and meet the highest performance requirements of our customers in the food and beverage industry. Systems of this product range remove impurities and particles from water at efficiencies greater than 99%.