ANITATM Shunt is an innovative technology to eliminate ammonia in highly-loaded effluents while meeting environmental objectives in terms of carbon footprint reduction.
ANITATM Shunt is ideal for plant upgrades or installations where a simple solution for increased nitrogen removal is required.
ANITATM Shunt uses a traditional activated sludge and a sequential Batch Reactor (SBR) to stop nitrogen oxidation at the nitrate stage (NO2-) and to reduce the quantity of biological sludge produced.
The process is designed to treat highly-loaded effluents with a N-NH4 concentration of over 100 mg N/l.
A versatile range of use
- Biological treatment coupled with anaerobic digestion using methanol during post-denitrification
- Leachate from sludge composting or co-digestion platforms
- Liquid from advanced sludge treatment following
> Thermal drying
> Hydrothermal oxidation
> Thermal hydrolysis + anaerobic digestion
> Anaerobic digestion
> Digestion + lysis + digestion
ANITA™ Shunt is an efficient, flexible and cost-effective solution
- 25% less energy and 40% less external carbon source required compared to conventional nitrification/denitrification
- 20% reduction in carbon footprint
- Up to 95% nitrogen removal
- Compact and flexible, the process can be integrated into existing plant
- Efficient at all temperatures of effluent to treat
- Quick and easy start-up
- Equipped with a high-performance patented advanced control system