AGIRA™ is a two-stage intense aerobic process for the treatment of grease and greasy sludge.
Agira™ consists of a hydrolysis tank and an aerobic bioreactor:
- The hydrolysis tank pre-treats the greasy matters in presence of lime before entering the bioreactor.
- The aerobic tank includes a patented foam cleaner and a dynamic mixer. This configuration enhances the biomass temperature (40-50°C) allowing high elimination efficiency in a reduced reactor footprint and low energy consumption.
The elimination efficiency of lipids reaches 70-90% depending on the grease quality and concentration.
Agira™ has a compact design and is perfectly adapted to degrade high loaded greasy effluents.
Operation and Performances
- Total COD = 80 %
- TSS > 70 %
- Lipids > 90 %
- Applied charge : 3 to 5 kg HEM / m3.d
- 7,5 to 12,5 kg COD / m3.d
- Average retention time = 45 days
- COD / N / P ratio applied : 200 / 2,5 / 0,75
- No recirculation from bioreactor to hydrolysis tank
- Energy consumption : 280 to 400 Wh / kg COD treated
Two-stage intense aerobic process.
- Treatment of grease from municipal and agro-food industries wastewaters
- Cesspits content treatment
- Primary sludge stabilization
20 installations in France