Iloilo City, Philippines – PANAY ENERGY Development Corporation (PEDC) is a subsidiary of Global Business Power Corporation (GBP), one of the largest power producers in the Visayas area, Philippines.
The Client’s Needs
Formosa Heavy Industries Corporation (FHI) acts as an EPC contractor in charge of planning, engineering, design, equipment supply, installation, commissioning and turnover for the whole power plant including sea water intake & discharge system and coal unloading jetty.
Veolia Water Technologies’ subsidiary in Taiwan has been awarded an industrial water treatment system by FHI for the PEDC power plant.
Project & Technology Solutions
- Sea Water Pre-treatment System:
- Desalination System (SWRO+BWRO):
170 m3/day x 2 trains
- Potable water System:
- Demineralization System:
17 m3/hr x 2 trains
- Condensate Polisher System:
150 m3/hr x 2 trains
- Wastewater Treatment System:
Sea water: Intake (by client)
Industrial water system: Actiflo® + DMF + SWRO + BWRO
Demin system: Carbon filter + Mixed bed
Condensate polisher system: Anthracite filter + Cation bed + Polisher Mixed bed
WWTP: Conventional coagulation and settler + pH adjustment + Effluent discharge
Sludge treatment: Sludge thickener + filter press + sludge hopper (disposal by client)
- Two (2) units of IPP with respective capacity of 300 ton/hr Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) × 82MW Steam Turbine Generator (STG).
- The first unit started running commercially in early 2011, and the second unit ran commercially in the end of same year.