| The client’s needs
This manufacturer is going to set up hydrogen distribution stations all around France, integrating local production. These stations are designed like petrol stations with their own borehole and refinery. For their operation, they require high-purity demineralised water and the very first of these units now incorporates a Veolia Water STI ultra-pure water production facility.
| The solution
Veolia Water STI has been selected to supply an ultrapure water production line to be integrated into the client's first local hydrogen distribution unit (located in Issy-les-Moulineaux). The production of demineralised water will be ensured by a Sirion Mini reverse osmosis system coupled with mixed resin cylinders, all operating in part of a container housing the hydrogen production apparatus (electrolyser).
| Process description
Demineralised water production line entirely preassembled on a stainless steel frame composed of :
- a pre-filtration on cartridge,
- a Duplex softener with a salt tank allowing an autonomy of 3 months,
- activated carbon filtration (to eliminate chlorine before reverse osmosis),
- a SIRION MINI osmosis unit a standard mixed resin cylinder.
- a ''micro electronic'' grade resin cylinder
| The result
Low energy consumption due to the use of mixed resin cylinders.
"Decarbonising industry by developing a French hydrogen production and use sector is one of the priorities of the national energy strategy. Electrolysis requires ultra-pure water. This is the expertise that Veolia Water STI brings to this emerging sector." Jean-Claude CELANI, Head of Process Water Activity at Veolia Water STI
| The client
This manufacturer sets up local hydrogen production units for its customers to fill the tanks of buses, taxis and other vehicles.
- Low energy diaphragms reduce the power requirement of the high pressure pump and its energy consumption
- Optimisation of the space/flow ratio
- Fine pre-filtration on cartridge integrated in the osmosis plant
- Simple, user-friendly interface with continuous monitoring of conductivity and temperature.
- ≤ 0.05 μS/cm conductivity
- ≤ 5 ppb Sodium
- ≤ 3 ppb Silica
- 100 l/h flow rate
- Commissioning: August 2022