Effluent treatment provides huge challenges to plant operators who have to take into account the variability of water quality and volumes entering the treatment process and balance it with economic constraints, water discharge regulations and overall performance.
The HydrexⓇ 6000 Series is a range of chemicals specifically formulated for optimal wastewater treatment.
Sustainable wastewater treatment
Whether industrial or municipal, ineffective wastewater treatment can cause health and safety issues for operators, unplanned downtimes or expensive replacement of equipment. In the event of non-compliance with local discharge regulations, the site will face other additional costs and impact the environment. The challenge of managing effluent treatment is complexified by the extremely diverse inlet conditions and wastewater composition.
Designed to treat a wide variety of contaminants, the Hydrex 6000 Series includes chemical formulations that are 100% approved for clarification and wastewater treatment:
- Organic, inorganic, blends.
- Anionic, cationic, amphoteric, non-ionic.
- Solid form (powder, beads, tablets).
- Liquid form (emulsions, water dispersions).
- Vegetable-based products as a genuine alternative to inorganic substances.
- Additives for the removal of heavy metals from wastewater.
- Odor control.
Features and benefits
Optimization of operation.
Protection of expensive treatment assets.
Compliance with discharge regulations.
An example of industrial partnership
Treatment of fume scrubbing effluents from a household refuse incinerator.
- Several problems were initially noted including poor coagulation and flocculation causing carry over of suspended solids (TSS) with the discharge exceeding standards on heavy metals (cadmium, lead, mercury).
- Replacing the FeCl3 coagulant by a Hydrex organic coagulant resulted in a significant improvement better adapted to the effluent, an improvement in the control of TSS and a reduction in sludge volumes – all at a lower cost than the previous solution.
- Setting up a Hydrex metal scavenger specifically for the reduction of mercury and cadmium resulted in a discharge analysis well within the prescribed limits.
- Monthly technical monitoring ensures that any changes in operational conditions are detected early.