Creating water solutions for the Oil Gas upstream industryVeolia Water Technologies has extensive experience in developing, implementing and servicing sludge, wastewater and water treatment plants for oil refineries and the petrochemicals industry. We offer a variety of technologies for produced water treatment as well as the expertise to determine the best solution for each application.
Onshore and offshore producers throughout the world put their faith in our global expertise. Veolia Water Technologies is involved in all the major areas in offshore hydrocarbon production where water treatment is applied.
Water is an essential part of oil and gas upstream field production. Veolia offers technologies and processes for conventional as well as specialized treatment systems for a variety of unconventional methods of extraction. New sources of natural gas and innovative drilling methods have paved the way for production of resources once thought to be cost-prohibitive.
- Depending on the water characteristics, required treated water quality, and discharge requirements, our systems are custom-designed to meet the unique needs at each project site.
- Our lab and pilot testing capabilities are a valuable resource to confirm design parameters that the system or process will perform as specified.
This modularized system provides removal of oil, solids, silica as well as softening of produced water. The ROSS System can be utilized as a stand-alone treatment process, for incremental capacity expansion, and a means to de-bottlenecking existing, underperforming water treatment systems.
Veolia also provides highly effective deoiling systems for produced water. This includes both :
- Technologies for unconventional gas production:
- Transportable treatment solutions: MULTIFLO Softening
- Evaporation & Crystallization / Zero Liquid Discharge
- OPUS produced water treatment
- Autoflot Induced gas flotation (IGF)
- Power Clean Nutshell Filter (ORF)
- AnoxKaldnes MBBR for BOD/VOC Removal
Veolia engineers, procures and project manages installation of the following process technologies:
- Sulphate Removal Package
- Sea Water Reverse Osmosis (SWRO)
- Produced water needs to be treated because it contains substances such as suspended and dissolved solids, gasses and metals among others and these need to be removed so that the produced water can be re-used or disposed of.
- Produced water can be disposed of into the sea, it can be injected into a disposal well; it can be re-injected to maintain pressure; or it can be reused for irrigation or as industrial process water. All of these are subject to local environmental regulations.