Bongrain, Repcelak - Hungary
Bongrain is focused on cheese and dairy specialities and is one of the world's foremost processors of milk.
A treatment capacity of 750 m3/d
The 4th largest cheese producer in the world
77 production sites in 26 countries
Bongrain collects more than 3 billion litres of milk for its activities.
The Group is the 4th largest cheese producer in the world, with 77 production sites in 26 countries.
The client wanted to improve the treatment efficiency of the existing industrial wastewater pre-treatment plant to maintain the effluent standard requirements.
Veolia Water Technologies offered a "turnkey" design & build solution in order to improve the efficiency of the existing industrial wastewater pre-treatment plant. The plant needed to be completely refurbished.
Solutions & Technologies
Veolia Water Technologies refurbished the existing industrial wastewater pre-treatment plant, to attain a treatment capacity of 750 m3/d.
The project covered both the wastewater and sludge treatment lines and consists of:
- pre-treatment with screenings, grease removal and a buffer tank,
- biological treatment of the wastewater,
- sludge treatment line.
Design capacity: 750 m3/d
- Screening, bar spacing 20 mm
- Pumping station, flow rate 100 m3/h
- Fine screening, mesh spacing 2 mm
- Grease and grit removal unit, structure diameter 2.5 m
- Buffer tank, volume 480 m3
- Contact tank, 14 m3
- Activated sludge, volume 2400 m3
- Degassing tank, 10 m3
- Clarifier, volume 462 m3
- Sludge thickener, tank volume 40 m3
- Dewatering table, capacity 4 m3/h
|COD: 3300 mg/l||COD? 53 mg/l|
|BOD5: 1600 mg/l||BOD5? 22 mg/l|
|SS: 500 mg/l||SS? 16 mg/l|
|N-NH4: 12 MG:L||N-NH4? 1 mg/l|
|Ptotal: 28 mg/l||Ptotal? 9 mg/l|