EDEPC, El Ain El Sokhna (Egypt)
EDEPC*, egyptian EEHC*subsidiary, has build and is operating a Combined Cycle Gaz turbine power plant, capacity 2 x 650MW, located on the Red Sea coast in El Ain El Sokhna.
Acting as global plant integrator, EDEPC has defined 17 main packages, including the strategic « Water Treatment Package ».
After a successful call for tender, the Veolia consortium – VWSTI, VWS Egypt, Entropie - has been selected to design and build the 13 units of this package.
*East Delta Electricity Production Company *Egyptian Electricity Holding Company
The client request covers the whole water treatment package, including the full range of:
- Process Water – thermal desalination, electrochlorination, demineralization;
- Waste Water - oil separators, WW treatment, air heater wash water treatment plant, final pH adjustment, sewage packaged plant;
- Condensate Polishing – including condensate and feed water chemical dosing systems.
Veolia solutions - Benefits
Waste water treatment packages are combining physico chemical and biological processes, designed for each flow of effluent, required to guarantee the best integration into the environment.
Combination of thermal desalination and IEX demineralization allows for:
- an optimized OPEX with excellent GOR ratio;
- a high level for both reliability of fresh water resource and quality for make up water.
Condensate polishing operating « on line » at up to 38 bar, the process with external regeneration design is granting the client:
- an optimized supercritical thermal cycle;
- a secured high quality of condensates;
- a low water footprint.